How to do The Master Cleanse * Lemonade Diet
Download Printable Instructions (PDF)
The Master Cleanse consists of a strict daily regimen consisting of a morning salt water flush, 6 to12 10oz glasses of Master Cleanse lemonade mixture, and a nightly laxative tea.
During the fast, the calories and nutrients in your regular diet are replaced by those from the specially prepared lemonade, which must be taken a minimum of 6 times a day. As many glasses of lemonade as desired may be taken beyond the minimum required. Peppermint tea can be taken on occasion, and water can be taken as desired.
Following the daily regimen strictly for a minimum of 10 days will give the best results.
1. Start each morning with a “Salt Water Flush”
Burroughs emphasizes that the master cleanse eliminates toxins from the body, and he suggests helping the body along with laxative teas and salt-water cleansing.
Salt Water Flush Directions
• Add 2 level teaspoons of non-iodized sea salt to a full quart of lukewarm water. Drink the entire quart of salt and water first thing in the morning. NOTE: This must be taken on an empty stomach.
Several eliminations will likely occur during the next hour. If elimination does not occur, increase the amount of salt slightly; if it is too forceful, reduce the salt-to-water ratio until the proper balance is found.
2. Drink 6 or more glasses of the Master Cleanse organic lemonade mixture throughout the day.
Master Cleanse Lemonade Recipe for Detox:
- 2 T organic lemon or lime juice
- 2 T organic Grade B "A Dark" Syrup
- 1/10 t cayenne pepper
- 10 oz spring or purified water
- Drink 6 to 12 glasses per day.
If your goal is detoxification:
Follow the above recipe. If you are underweight and are worried about losing weight while detoxifying, increase the amount of syrup in the mixture.
If your goal is weight loss:
In the past, it was recommended to use less maple syrup – as little as 1 TBSP per 10 oz glass – to maximize weight loss on the lemonade diet. However, using more maple syrup provides sustaining energy that allows many dieters to maintain the cleanse. Thus, individuals may be more likely to meet their weight loss goals using the same lemonade diet recipe that is recommended for detoxification, including 2 TBSP of maple syrup per glass.